Academics, College Counseling & Educational SUCCESS Services

HELP 203-788-5971

To apply for federal student aid, you need to complete the FAFSA® form.
Completing and submitting the FAFSA® form is free and quick, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school. In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for state and school aid, and some private financial aid providers may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid.

You should register at CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE at least two weeks before the earliest college or scholarship priority filing date you need to meet. This date is the college or program’s deadline for submitting a completed PROFILE application.

Once you register, you can complete the PROFILE application right away or save your data and return to it later. Just be sure to complete and submit the application by the deadlines your colleges or scholarship programs specify.

Sending your PROFILE report to one college or scholarship program costs $25. Additional reports are $16 each. Students who are from low-income families with limited assets will automatically receive fee waivers.After you submit your application, print the acknowledgment. This includes the data you entered on your application and your college and scholarship list. You can use the acknowledgment to make changes to your PROFILE. It also provides information about the next steps in the process.

The data on your PROFILE are analyzed and reported to the colleges and scholarship programs you have specified. They then use the report to help determine your financial aid award.

The College Board’s CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE® is an online application that collects information used by almost 400 colleges and scholarship programs to award financial aid from sources outside of the federal government. After you fill out the application, the College Board sends it to the colleges and scholarship programs you have chosen.

Not all colleges and scholarship programs require the PROFILE.
Check here to see if your school is one of the 400+ that now requires a CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.

How do I fill out the FAFSA® form?

There are several ways to file:
Online at fafsa.gov is faster and easier than using paper. If you need a printed FAFSA form, you can download a PDF FAFSA form or order a print-out of the PDF FAFSA form by calling 1-877-4-ED-PUBS (1-877-433-7827).

For more information on how to fill out and submit the FAFSA, visit the Dept. of Education's Federal Student Aid website